Originally my car was a red Grand Coupe Barracuda with a 318 engine, 2-bbl carburetor, a 727 automatic transmission, and leather interior. When I purchased the car in 1994, it was being used as a parts car. At the time of purchase, the car contained a 440 engine that knocked, a 727 automatic transmission that was broken, and 3.91 gears that were severely worn out. My first step in the restoration process was to rebuild the 440 engine which consisted of 10:1 pistons, a Mopar Performance Purple Shaft camshaft, a steel crankshaft, six pack intake manifold, three Holley carburetors, Mopar valve covers, Mopar headers and a Mopar ignition setup. Next, I rebuilt the transmission with a B & M shift kit and added a 3500-stall converter. The gears were changed out for a 3.55 ratio. I purchased a set of 15 x 8 rally rims and Goodyear tires all around. Then, I began restoring the interior of the car. The interior headliner was replaced along with the carpeting. The seats were reupholstered and the dashboard was replaced with one that I found at a swap meet. All but two of the windows were replaced. The car needed extensive bodywork, which included replacing one fender, one quarter-panel, the trunk lid, the hood, and both bumpers. Also, many dents and imperfections needed to be smoothed out. I did some of this work on my own but Dean Swanson, the person who painted my car, did the finishing touches. After the car was painted purple and black, I added a rear wing, front spoiler, and 440 striping to complete the car.